I continued my McDonald’s experiment while in London.
I’ve written about my running experiment before, but, in case you missed it, the gist of it is I try the McDonald’s in every city I travel to if it’s at all possible. There’s no real point except that it’s interesting and I realized a while ago that I had had McDonald’s in most of the places I’d been to and decided to continue the trend.
I always get a burger and fries. When conducting empirical studies related to food, it’s best to keep the food choice the same. The only exception was the Tokyo McDonald’s. I was only 10 and it was the first time I ate McDonald’s in a foreign country. Maybe one day I’ll get a redo.
Jean and I stopped at the McDonald’s near Kings Cross Station before getting the train from London to Edinburgh. I have to admit, I was disappointed. The food was all dry, and they were skimpy on the condiments. The burger patty was too dry, and there was only one pickle and a serious lack of ketchup, mayo, and mustard. The fries (chips?) were also not nearly greasy or salty enough.
There was another McDonald’s around the corner. Perhaps that one would have been better. But probably not.
I have yet to try the one here, but I will before I leave. That’s for sure.
The weather was nice again today. The girls from my dorm and I all went and walked up the crags. About 30 seconds away from the dorm and really beautiful. You can get a view of the whole city from up on the crags.
I didn’t take any pictures because I forgot my camera, but, never fear, I’ll go up again soon. I’m absolutely determined to do more exercise in the form of walks up the crags and Arthur’s Seat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment