Monday, August 10, 2009

the after-bath (a pun!)

Didn't you think my pun was clever? I know I did.

Anyway, the weekend after I went to Bath, I had a visitor! And her name was Emily. Isn't that exciting?

We did one of the most amazing touristy things I've ever done: a Duck Tour.

Sadly, it wasn't a day of watching ducks walk around London. However, it WAS an afternoon of driving around in a boat. Well, it was a cross between a boat and a car. We spent about 45 minutes on land, then about half an hour motoring around on the Thames. Cool idea. Land AND water. [How many lamps is THAT?]

Apparently, these duck things were used by the US to invade Normandy. We're so tricky. This Duck Tour company refurbishes them, paints the bright yellow and all sorts of fun colors, sticks tour guides and drivers on them, and sends hundreds of tourists around London. Very clever.

Also on the weekend being discussed, Emily and I stumbled upon [in real life, not Firefox] a Chipotle equivalent. It was glorious. There was guacamole, pulled pork, and everything needed to create a mini-trip to Texas for Susannah. It's called Chilango, and it's fun.



I think I'm almost caught up now. Only have this most recent weekend to write about, I think. Phew. Almost there.

No comments: