Things:
1. In the future, I will do my best to remember that it is better either to sleep none at all on an overnight flight or as much as possible. Don't go with the few-hours experience. It usually doesn't end up well.
2. Picadilly line was closed today, and so was Kings Cross Station. Both of which I was supposed to use to get to my new domicile. THAT was exciting. Ended up taking a Heathrow train and two different tube lines to get to the place. Then had to hike down roads with no name hoping and praying I was on the right one based on geography. I was. Phew.
3. My room for the next 8 weeks is smaller than a single dorm room. But at least it's clean. Isn't too hot. And there's a window to catch all that London sun.
4. Never trust my computer to other people who think they know what they are doing. I arrived, began unpacking, then decided to try and conquer the internet [get it working]. Couldn't make it happen for a good half-hour of frustration. I managed to find the internet guy, intimidate the door/security guy [sorry!] with so many questions, and got the internet guy working on the internet. He tried a few different things then left to "go downstairs and try something else". Huh. As soon as he left I decided to take a look at my computer one last time for myself. Turns out I fixed it, set it all up, switched back the cables, and wrote this post before he came back. Oops.
5. I hadn't been out of the house or off the news sites for 2 hours before Palin quit her job. Geez. What happens if I go away more often? Do more governers disappear or leave or decide to make political explosions? Maybe I should test it.
6. I didn't have lunch. That's the next task: to find food. It'll happen. I might just wait until dinner. I could have an early dinner, watch a dvd or something, and fall asleep early. Maybe.
7. Exploration of my area might be needed. I think yes. Off I go.
Saturday, July 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment