Wednesday, April 1, 2009

see you later, aligator

Irrational Fears:

1. ANTS. Can’t stand the things. Has to do with a childhood experience. Later involved onion and a sobbing five-year-old.

2. Things stuck in my teeth/on my face. Partly rational, but that’s a completely different story.

3. Mean people. I tend to think this one is actually rational. But you never know. Many have told me otherwise. Maybe the people that tell me it’s irrational are the mean people. THAT’s a scary thought.

4. I smell. Well, I don’t actually. But I FEAR that I smell. Deodorant and I are very good friends.

5. Being cold. Bring a sweater.

6. Saying stupid things. Seems to happen WAY too often. The worst is during first impressions. Especially important ones.

7. A windy day with a skirt. Just a bad combination. Marilyn Monroe may have been able to get away with it, but – let’s face it – not many other people can.

8. Having things confiscated at the airport. Shouldn’t be a big deal, right? I mean, it’s just mascara or lip gloss. I can buy new. But still. What if I’m stuck in an emergency situation right after getting off the plane that calls for mascara or lip gloss? It could happen. Don’t laugh.


And, speaking of planes, tomorrow I’m headed to Paris. Jean and I are staying with her friend Ellie just outside of Paris. I have made various people promise me that we would not leave without climbing up the Eiffel Tower and visiting the Louvre.

If I don’t post for a while, that’s where I am. If I do, then… hooray?

After ’while, crocodile.

No comments: