It has been mostly sunny and vaguely warm (at the same time!) in Edinburgh for the last three days. You know what this means? It means I can pretend that Summer is almost here. Which means I can begin a few of the summer rituals.
The first was the first batch of sweet tea. That’s right. I made some in Edinburgh. I got a few questions from the British (What is it? Sweet tea? What exactly IS iced tea?) but I carried on.
The reactions were mixed: Anya made a confused face and didn’t know what to think; Emily immediately said “that’s the only way tea should ever be drunk” but later couldn’t decide how she really felt.
I have been studying African politics every day recently, and I have decided [in light of my upcoming interview] to read about UK politics on my own time. [Do I really have any of my OWN time?] I picked up a couple of books today, so we’ll see how it goes.
I’m feeling a bit overwhelmed by everything I have to do in the next month and half or so, but, never fear, I’ve made a few lists and everything will sort itself out. I hope.
Also, as a sidenote, I’ve never been to a university library that does not allow food or drink. I didn’t even know they existed. How does a university expect students to study well without a constant supply of snack foods (Muffins! Cereal!) and coffee (the juice of life)?
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment