Thursday, March 5, 2009

more procrastination. i'm a professional

This morning there were clouds. The grey-ish, white-ish clouds. They looked familiar. I couldn’t quite pinpoint WHY they looked familiar, but they did. And is it really possible for clouds to look familiar?

Leaving class, I learned why. These clouds contained snow. Not the fun snow. The kind of snow that falls in wet droplets and PRETENDS to be snow then disappoints you by just soaking all the clothes you’re wearing and ruining your perfectly nice walk back from classes.

There was snow this morning, and now it’s sunny. REALLY sunny. There’s a blue sky and everything.

Weird weather puts me in a weird mood.

I have another paper due next week. And a presentation on Ethiopia’s dominance in the horn of Africa.

I really shouldn’t be complaining about the amount of work I have here. It really hasn’t been anything at all compared to my home university. But these next couple of weeks will be tough, I imagine.

Tuesday: Presentation
Wednesday: Political Economy paper due.

Then the next week I have another paper and another presentation.

On that note, I better get back to reading for my paper. I have so much work to do, and I really don’t want to do any of it. The last paper I wrote was actually fun to write. Call me insane, but I enjoy writing about political theory. Everything has to be explained, which instantly meets all word-count requirements. Plus, I did a social theory, which means I get to talk about relationship between people and states, which is one of my favorite things ever.

Wow. I’m a dork.

Anyway, this paper is on Asian regionalism.

Obviously, I don’t find it as fun.

Just a friendly update from your neighborhood university student. Perhaps in a few weeks I will be more chatty.

I will add, though, that Jean and I have booked our flights. As soon as classes end we’re going to Paris, and then we’re spending a few days on the beach in Spain. SO excited.

No comments: