Bad news:
My rainboots have holes. Two in each foot. On the top. On either side of the top of my foot near the toes. I. AM. SO. SAD. I LOVE these boots. [I almost typed “wellies” there. That’s what they’re called here, obviously. Because “Wellington’s” OBVIOUSLY means “rainboots”.]
Let me explain. I looked for bright yellow rainboots for YEARS. I always wanted a yellow rainboots. Somehow yellow rainboots and rain go together. Maybe it’s because we never get rain in Texas. I had to idealize my rain. Rough childhood. Regardless of the psychological reasons causing my illogical love of thunderstorms and yellow rain slickers, I have always needed a pair of yellow rainboots.
Last fall I found them. On sale. My life was complete. What else could a girl ask for than rain and yellow rainboots?
Now I am in the CITY OF RAIN and they have holes. And I get so many comments on them. They’re conversation-starters. [Kind of like my Mavs shirt: I always meet a Mavs fan when wearing the shirt.] I’ve made friends with these rainboots.
What am I going to do?
I’m pretty sure I’m going to wear them to death. With warm socks that dry quickly. Until I either can’t wear them anymore because they’re disgracefully shabby, or until I find new ones. I’m hoping for the latter.
Now that all of you are appropriately upset about my rainboots [if not, YOU SHOULD BE], we can move on to more positive news. No need to leave you feeling so down. You took the time to read; no need to make your life miserable with the death of my wellies.
Good news:
I have discovered a new love of daffodils. They’re so happy. So bright. So cheery. There are hundreds of them all over the city of Edinburgh. Some in the meadows next to campus, some in the square in campus, several in people’s gardens in front of their flats. I can’t help it. Daffodils mean spring is coming.
Besides, they’re often next to purple flowers. And, in case you didn’t already know, I like purple and yellow together. Also happy.
That’s all. Superhappydaffodils.
And I’m one essay, one presentation, one internship application, two teacher recommendations, one ball, one ball dress, one birthday excursion, one lasertagwithsmallgroup activity, and one week of normal classes from my three-week-long spring break. LET THE COUNTDOWN BEGIN.
Monday, March 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment