Saturday, May 23, 2009

we've still got time

You know it’s exam time when…

1. My Diet Coke intake increases exponentially. Sometimes you just need the extra boost. Or four.

2. Students have no problem yelling out the window [using all sorts of colorful language] at loud people outside.

3. Breakfast hours polarize. Many begin going to breakfast either earlier [to study] or later [they studied (really?) last night].

4. You are forced to forgo some friendships [Ashley? Who? What? Sorry.] in order to maintain stability and sanity in academic life.

5. If Facebook usage decreases, friends become worried. Either you’re studying too much or too little. Come out of the hole, please.

6. Wrappers. Are. Everywhere. Of all food sorts.

7. Child-like behavior erupts in every corridor. Someone seems to have been using a lot of toilet paper for nefarious purposes. You know who you are.

8. The sun comes out. The cruelty. The horrible sense of weather-humor. Just when you have to be in, the sun decides to come out to play. NOT COOL.



In case you hadn’t noticed, the sun was out for the four days before my very last exam. Cruel, cruel world. With one exception [and it was soooo good], I spent all the sunny days indoors or taking an exam.

Luckily, I finished my exams! Hooray! I can come out and play again. At least a little.

The next week will be spent being as touristy as I possibly can, I think. One doesn’t normally visit the touristy things when living in a place, but I don’t want to leave the touristy things until later this summer when they would be expensive and crowded. And there’s no guarantee I would be able to do them then.

It looks like I’ll be in London for the months of July and August. And home in June!

Now. What to do with all my stuff. The good news is my room became a huge pit when I began the packing process (as you do) but now it is beginning to look like a room once more. One wall is cleared, two suitcases are packed, and the other things are going into bags until their fate is decided. Looks a little sad without decorations and will bags of clothing and miscellany everywhere, but not much more can be done about that.

No comments: