Tuesday, May 5, 2009

and everyone's just singing along

I am in complete denial about the term ending in less than 30 days. It’s not happening. It’s not. Stop talking about it like that.

Nothing about my summer is set in stone, either. I’ll tell you when I have more info.

After one weekend off, I have taken up studying again. This time it’s for the long haul. The next two and a half weeks will be filled with refreshing the lectures that are hopefully already residing in my brain, and rereading several articles and books that I wish were still residing in my brain.

No real adventures so report, sadly.


Slightly funny story, though:

I went to take my Africa in World Politics exam on Friday. Everything was fine. I found the place, I figured out how to find my own seat and fill out different forms. [Mommy, wow! I’m a big kid now.] During the exam, however, the entire room looked up from their exams upon hearing a few geese outside the building making a raucous. One of the geese was extremely loud and distracting for almost half an hour. [Didn’t affect my exam-taking except to make it more entertaining, don’t worry.]

The goose was either involved in a gang fight in which he was the target of all parties, or he was dying a slow and painful death [could be combined with the first]. Alternately, he was involved in some sort of spring-like activity [whatever geese do in the spring…]. Whichever it was, the exam monitors even started giggling at the evenly-spaced, awfully loud, constant honking of this particular goose just outside the window.

Oh, and we were three floors up. This goose was loud enough to be heard three floors up. Through gym walls. And I was on the other side of the gym. So were the exam monitors.

On that note, it’s time for me to go to bed.

No comments: