
I spent the entire movie not knowing how I was supposed to feel. Most movies will tell you what you're feeling with music or camera angles or uncomfortable glances. Then you can choose whether you agree with that feeling or perception or part of the movie.
During "A Single Man," I sat cringing in my chair, not knowing what was happening emotionally.

The lack of emotional guidance, however, perhaps made the movie that much more wonderful. It's about a gay man who has lost the love of his life and decides to attempt suicide. The story is both heartbreaking and glorious, cliche and newly amazing.
All in all, I'd recommend seeing "A Single Man." Definite thumbs up.
P.S. I've seen so many good movies, lately. I'm starting to bore myself by saying every movie is good or wonderful. But, it's true. There are so many excellent movies out there, and I'm trying to see them all.
No comments:
Post a Comment