Monday, October 19, 2009

update!

So, I haven't updated in a while. I thought perhaps now was a good time. Just before bed. That's a good idea, right? List form is always best, you know.

A list of school things so far:

1. Five classes keep me PLENTY busy. It's midterm season! Hooray?

2. New England leaves are so pretty. I might choose to live here just for the leaves. The feet and feet of snow you can keep to yourself, Massachusetts, but I'll take the red and yellow leaves with me. Pictures soon.

3. The Six-Five Seaturtles = awesome.

4. Christmas lights have been added to the decor. They add some much-needed festivity. They are not for the purpose of encouraging Christmas spirit -- although, they certainly aid in that department -- but are meant to provide especially moody green and blue and white lighting for those occasions when one needs such a subtle touch.

5. I have officially begun my picture wall. Many (only six, so far) of my favorite photos I have ever taken in nice frames hanging on a wall. I am not a photographer, and I don't intend to become one, but I happen to have a natural ability at capturing awkward-but-strangely-nice moments. Imagine that. That description sounds oddly familiar. Maybe I just know a lot of people who fit that phrase? [Sorry, Ashley, you're not up there, yet. Also, if you're reading this, Emily, Anya, Lois, and Ste happen to be on the wall. Still looking for best pictures of others.]

6. Bedroom heater sounds like death. It has a nasty habit of screeching at me at approximately 5.30am. Sometimes it sounds like an airplane taking off and I wake up confused, not knowing if I should be sad, overjoyed, running for my life, or waving light sticks.



Perhaps I will attempt to pick this back up again on a regular basis. I'm not entirely sure about how much free time I have in my schedule, but maybe I can pencil something in. The sad part? I might actually have to pencil it in if I want it to happen.

No comments: